We’re local and here to stay - we love our coastal paradise.
Min Sarginson Real Estate Ltd. has an office in Lyttelton and Church Bay, and all our team live in the area; the Lyttelton harbour bays and Christchurch’s eastern seaside suburbs.
Min Sarginson began her career in Real Estate in 1983. 14 years later Min opened her own real estate office in Church Bay, then an office in Lyttelton. The company soon added a Property Management division, and extended our reach into the coastal suburbs of Christchurch.
During and after the Canterbury earthquakes, we witnessed dramatic changes, particularly in Lyttelton. Some of the harbour landscape has changed forever, but we’re now in a new phase - looking ahead with anticipation and hope. Lyttelton, the harbour bays and coastal suburbs remain beautiful places to live - not least because of the wonderful people in our communities.
There are some very exciting real estate opportunities, including sections . We have many sections available in the Green zone, with nothing to impede forging ahead and living the dream.
Permanent or holiday homes, rental properties, sections… Buying, selling or renting, call Min Sarginson Real Estate Ltd. for free, no-obligation advice.
- Drive the stunning scenic road from Christchurch, via the winding route over the Port Hills via Dyers Pass road, or drive through the efficient Lyttelton tunnel.
- Christchurch buses travel to and from Lyttelton, from the city centre. More info
- Black Cat Cruises offers a service between Lyttelton and Diamond Harbour. More info
Beachfront, hillside, on the flat, valleys: the landscapes of the Lyttelton harbour bays are as varied as the spectacular sea views.
Or you may be looking for ‘the best of both worlds’: Christchurch’s seaside suburbs - close to the city but offering a totally different lifestyle.
Lyttelton Township, Port & Harbour
Lyttelton is on the northern side of Lyttelton harbour, in Banks Peninsula. The Port Hills, harbour and headlands are a stunning backdrop for Lyttelton Port. The Port is a major trade gateway to the South Island - it’s a hive of activity!
Lyttelton is a thriving community with a tangible buzz, and cosmopolitan mix of people, events, bars, cafes and restaurants. The Lyttelton Farmers Market on Sundays, is also very popular - so well-known, it draws many Christchurch people to our ‘lyttel slice of paradise’.
- Charteris Bay — picturesque 9-hole golf course, tennis courts.
- Orton Bradley Park, Charteris Bay — camping, picnic & barbecue areas, walking & mountain bike tracks, adventure playground, outdoor education centre, gardens, heritage buildings, agricultural relics.
- Black Cat Cruises — Offering: Swimming With Dolphins, Akaroa Harbour Nature Cruises, and Quail Island Adventures.
- Farmers Market — The beloved Lyttelton Farmers Market is open every Saturday from 10am 'til 1pm.
- And many, many more.
Walk in the hills, cycle the roads or the many mountain bike tracks. Or simply enjoy the stunning views and ever-changing sea: serene, dramatic, but never boring!
From bare land or a weekend bolt-hole, to a luxurious home, the coastal lifestyle you dream of is waiting for you.